The Student Representative application is now available.
WHAT IS ENC STEM?
A free, three-week summer program for students interested in science, technology, engineering and math.
WHO CAN ATTEND ENC STEM?
Students entering 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade at the following schools:
- Northampton County High School
- Northampton County Early College
- KIPP Pride High School
- Roanoke Rapids High School
- Weldon High School
- Northwest Halifax High School
- Southeast Halifax High School
- Roanoke Valley Early College (RVEC)
WHAT DO ENC STEM STUDENTS DO?
- Learn about interesting topics in science, technology and math through fun and engaging classroom activities and laboratory investigations
- Work with peers to complete STEM challenges
- Go on field trips in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill
- Meet students with similar interests from area school districts
- Develop their leadership skills
- Practice interviewing with local businesses to increase career readiness
- Become better prepared for the upcoming school year
- Gain an understanding of what college courses will be like
- Grow as learners and individuals
A select number of students will be chosen to spend the third week of the program at the North Carolina School of Science and Math (NCSSM) in Durham.
Those students will stay on campus, take a college-style schedule of classes and participate in fun nightly activities, like food trucks, dance competitions, movie nights and more!